1. Get public transport directions. It’s about time! Now we no longer need to ask tube rats for directions to the nearest Nando’s! Civilization is finally realised. (Please note: This is only available in major cities like London, so far. But it will be expanded and the entire world will finally know happiness/when there train is delayed because someone decided to take a dump on the platform.)
2. Hide photos. You know when your mum grabs your phone out of your hand because she’s your mum and maybe you might have some ~SuPeR sExY~ pics on it? Well, now you can go to the Share menu and use the fabulous new “Hide” option. The photos are still in your Album view, but at least your dad won’t come face-to-face with your boyfriend’s crotch when sliding through photos of your new kitten.
3. Select multiple photos. Hallelujah! Praise Be! Someone cares for us, after all! Now you just go into Select in the Photos app and you can tap and drag to pick the images you want– no more individually tapping on them until your fingers want to fall off. Amen.
4. Low Power Mode will mos def save your ass multiple times. When you’re getting into the red (you know, every day around 3pm when you forget your battery pack), you can now go into the Battery menu in Settings and switch to Low Power Mode. It switches a few things off to help conserve my precious until you can get home and power up.
5. Hey Siri! This awesome feature will now work even when you’re not plugged in. Just go to Siri (under General in Settings) and turn your new best friend on. Now she can never ignore you! You + Siri 4 LYFE. (Carved into a tree/your abdomen.)
6. Selfies just got easier. Pictures taken with the front-facing camera will now automatically go into their own folder in the Photos app. Voila! An entire folder of your beautiful face, ready to share to Instagram like the sexy selfie superstar that you are. (Screenshots also get their own folder for those of us who like to capture excellent moments in YouTube dog videos.)
7. Notes is actually becoming useful. You can now add web links, photos, checklists and drawings to your notes and so it might be something you use now.
8. Screw double-tapping, it’s all about the back button! iOS 9 lets you use a back button to jump between apps quickly. This is helpful for toggling between important items — like Nando’s menu and directions to the nearest Nando’s. (JK, you have that shit memorized.)
9. Zoom in on videos! Just pinch and zoom and you can get a better look at any part of a video.
10. Write on email attachments. Not sure when this will be helpful but if you want to draw hearts around Channing Tatum’s abs on the photo of Channing Tatum’s abs that your friend just sent you, that’s an entirely noble and worthy decision. Make it so.
11. Abandon Wifi if it sucks. This is cool. If your phone is having trouble opening up a simple Safari page because the WiFi you’re using is shitty and slow, you can now go to Settings and tap on the Wi-Fi Assist toggle switch, and you can keep cruising even more pictures of Channing Tatum’s abs. Glory be.
12. It knows what you’ve been listening to. When you plug your headphones in, your phone will automatically show you what music app you last listened to Taylor Swift on (JK we know it wasn’t Spotify).
13. It’ll make sure you never miss a date. iOS 9 is now set to identify events in your email messages and automatically add them to your calendar. Apple cares about you double booking brunch and will make sure you know to plan one brunch for 10am and the other for 12pm because double brunch is the best.
The post 13 amazing new things you can do with your phone on iOS9 appeared first on RU Breaking News.